OBJECTID: 58133 Monument Identifier: KE00876 Classification: UNCA Irish Grid Easting: 74839 Irish Grid Northing: 128300 RMP_PROP: 1 County ID: 12 WebNotes: The original house of the Crosbies was a long, low and thatched building which faced onto an enclosed bawn. There was a stone tower in the corner of the bawn which was part of an old castle built by the De Cantillons. A new house replaced the thatched building around 1758 and this was further remodelled into a castellated mansion designed by Richard and William Vitruvius Morrison around 1809 (Bence-Jones 1988, 22-3). Burnt during 1921, a wing was recently restored and now forms the centrepiece of a surrounding golf course.
Compiled by: Matt Kelleher
Date of upload: 19 December 2013
Zone Code: R116562 ITM Easting: 474817 ITM Northing: 628350 SHAPE: Point Att.: 0 Class: Castle - unclassified SMR No.: KE014-100---- Townland: BALLYHEIGE Point: X: 474817.0 Y: 628350.0 Spatial Reference: 2157